Using the Hub and Spoke Model to Create a Multi-unit Franchise Powerhouse
About the episode
Join Jordan Choo, the host of The Franchise Marketing Podcast, with his guest Kevin Dubois, as they talk about how he was able to create a cultural shift and change the game for Lapels Dry Cleaning. In 2012, Kevin Dubois became the President and the CEO of Lapels Dry Cleaning when he bought the business from his partner. He saw the future and potential of dry cleaning. Since then, Kevin has been continuously making incredible accomplishments in the industry.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The story of how Kevin got into the Cleaning Industry from the Restaurant Industry.
- Pros and cons of taking over a business that’s already been established.
- Good ideas in the franchise industry tend to work across multiple systems.
- What was the catalyst that helped cause their 20 units to jump to 100 units?
- The hub-and-spoke system is essential for many businesses.
- Geo-targeting, a marketing strategy, was a game-changer for Lapels Dry Cleaning.
- What is Kevin’s favorite book and tool?
- Why does Kevin Dubois look up to Warren Buffet?
- And much more!
About Kevin Dubois:
President & CEO, Kevin grew up in the Restaurant Industry.
He started his first restaurant at age 18 and grew that business to 6 restaurants and a banquet facility hosting weddings and conventions up to 250 people. He later bought a restaurant and real estate from the founder of Lapels Dry Cleaning, which was his initial introduction to Lapels in 2004.
He became the COO and partner in Lapels in 2005 and then later went on to buy out his partner in 2012. With now 15+ years in Dry Cleaning, he owns and operates several of the Lapels stores and has brought a customer-centric thought process to the Lapels business model.
You can find Kevin Dubois on…
Email [email protected]
Company Email [email protected]
Contact (781) 829-9935 or 866-695-2735
Connect with Jordan Choo!
Podcast Website https://kogneta.com/franchise-marketing-podcast/
Don't miss another episode
Get the inside scoop on how other franchise leaders are creating and managing explosive growth.