Why You Need to Be Investing in Your Franchise’s AGM
About the episode
Join Jordan Choo, the host of The Franchise Marketing Podcast, with his guest Katrina Mitchell, as they talk about why you need to be investing in your franchise’s AGM. Katrina is Chief Match Maker and Founder of Franchise Speakers, the only speakers bureau in the world focused exclusively on the franchise community! She also talks about how they were able to build such an amazing community and the qualifications they are looking for in a speaker!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The background story of how their company started and its purpose.
- How are the franchises building their cultures virtually?
- They developed a filter process based on three criteria in looking for speakers.
- Put the franchisees’ success first, then everything else can evolve around that.
- Know your objectives, understand the culture you want to achieve, and consider your budget.
- Trello is a very helpful tool for your team and it is easy to use.
- Katrina is an avid reader and suggested more than one book you should check out!
- Who are the leaders she looks up to most in the franchise community?
- And much more!
About Katrina Mitchell:
Katrina’s background in business-to-business sales and marketing began during her years in print magazine advertising sales, where she worked with ad agencies and advertising executives to craft compelling, client-centred solutions.
From 2003-2007, Katrina was the owner of the Boulder, Colorado location of a global franchise, Bark Busters Home Dog Training, an award-winning, in-home, dog training approach. As a franchisee, Katrina learned first-hand the challenges and rewards of owning an effectively run franchise operation and the fundamental value of healthy franchisee/franchisor relationships and supportive system cultures.
Katrina Mitchell founded Franchise Speakers in 2008 with a mission to help franchisors find the right speakers. As a successful franchisee herself, Katrina was constantly pursuing continuing education opportunities and decided to launch Franchise Speakers to help franchisors find the perfect speakers to support their franchisees. Being a natural “connector”, Katrina has been happily hunting down perfect matches for Franchise Speakers’ many clients ever since.
When not busy match-making, Katrina loves to backpack and hike. Other passions include dancing, skiing, weaving, and playing her banjo.
You can find Katrina Mitchell on…
Email: [email protected]
Connect with Jordan Choo!
Podcast Website https://kogneta.com/franchise-marketing-podcast/
Don't miss another episode
Get the inside scoop on how other franchise leaders are creating and managing explosive growth.
Learn more about the guest
Katrina MitchellChief Match Maker and Founder of Franchise Speakers
Favorite app/tool that they can't live without
Trello – https://trello.com/en
Which franchise leader do you look up to most?
Steve White – Q&A with Steve White, COO of PuroClean – PuroClean