Why Franchises Need to Put In the Work Before Franchising
About the episode
Join Jordan Choo, the host of The Franchise Marketing Podcast, with his guest Kyla Dufresne as they talk about why a franchise needs to put in the work before franchising. Kyla is CEO and founder of Foxy Box Wax Bars, a Canadian beauty brand specializing in creating a warm and inclusive environment for intimate waxing. She shares how she had to fail, struggle, and learn along the way to achieve the success she has now.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- When Kyla started her business, she always knew that she wanted to start a franchise.
- The mistakes and failures Kyla made taught her to become a better leader.
- The moment you start a franchise, your priority is no longer running the business. You’re now in charge of selling and supporting your franchise.
- It is important to find the right partners that will respect your decisions.
- How to build and maintain a great culture in the workplace as you grow and scale.
- Monday.com is a very helpful tool that keeps you organized.
- Why is Kyla’s favorite book Like a Virgin by Richard Branson?
- Kristen Wood, the founder and CEO of The Ten Spot is the leader Kyla looks up to!
- And much more!
About Foxy Box Wax Bars:
We’re Foxy Box, an undeniably cool and talented Wax Bar Franchise. We’re on a mission to inspire and empower women to celebrate their uniqueness and rock what they’ve got. Our team of talented Vagicians is committed to dispelling the discomfort of hair removal by cultivating an environment that leaves women feeling powerful and energized. Armed with our superior waxing methods and some clever distraction techniques, we aim to empower our clients to feel foxy from head to tail.
From our humble beginnings in 2012, we have developed into a dynamic company operating out of three foxy locations. Under the tutelage of our fearless leader Kyla, our industrious team has perfected the art of the Brazilian.
You can find Kyla Dufresne on…
Email: [email protected]
Connect with Jordan Choo!
Podcast Website https://kogneta.com/franchise-marketing-podcast/
Don't miss another episode
Get the inside scoop on how other franchise leaders are creating and managing explosive growth.