How to Successfully Diversify Your Seasonal Franchise’s Revenue Stream
About the episode
Join Jordan Choo, the host of The Franchise Marketing Podcast, with his guest Bill Dowd, as they talk about how to successfully diversify your seasonal franchise’s revenue stream. Bill is the President and CEO of Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control & Skedaddle Pest Control, with over more than 31 years of service! They provide effective solutions and exceptional services to wildlife conflicts. Learn more from Bill Dowd about how he creates different revenue streams, and strategically uses marketing to reach success.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Since the pandemic, their revenues have increased anywhere from 30% to 35%.
- Their newest franchisee in Coquitlam, BC, reached tens of thousands in his first sale!
- What are the four different revenue streams in their business?
- In their first years of business, yellow page ads were the best marketing campaign they had.
- No matter what business you’re in, people will do business with people they like.
- Bill’s favorite app is Twitter, an online microblogging system!
- Ray Kroc opened the first McDonald franchise and turned it into a worldwide phenomenon.
- Why is his favorite book, The Game by Ken Dryden?
- And much more!
About Bill Dowd:
Bill Dowd founded the company in 1989, recognizing the need for a humane approach to wildlife control services. He steered the company from its humble beginnings in Hamilton with one service truck to a national provider with 35 employees and 20 service vehicles. Bill is committed to growing the business into new markets, expanding the service offerings as well as ensuring exceptional customer service. Bill has an Honours Bachelor of Physical Education from Brock University and had a noteworthy hockey career. From 1980 to 1983, he played for the Ontario Hockey League with the Ottawa 67’s and then from 1983 to 1985 with the New York Islanders minor leagues. From 1986 to 1989, Bill played for the Brock University Badgers Varsity Hockey Club. He currently coaches minor hockey in the Hamilton area.
You can find Bill Dowd on…
Email: [email protected]
Connect with Jordan Choo!
Podcast Website https://kogneta.com/franchise-marketing-podcast/
Don't miss another episode
Get the inside scoop on how other franchise leaders are creating and managing explosive growth.
Learn more about the guest
Bill DowdPresident and CEO of Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control & Skedaddle Pest Control
Favorite app/tool that they can't live without
Which franchise leader do you look up to most?
Ray Kroc: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kroc