Embracing Slow as the New Fast for Predictable Franchise Growth
About the episode
Join Jordan Choo, the host of The Franchise Marketing Podcast, with his guest Ron Holt, as they talk about embracing slow as the new fast for predictable franchise growth. Ron Holt is the CEO and founder of Two Maids & A Mop, a cleaning franchise brand that offers immediate professional maid service. They also provide franchise opportunities throughout the U.S. Listen to the episode now and discover how Ron was able to reach incredible success with almost zero knowledge about handling business when he first started.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- When Ron Holt opened his business, he had no experience of cleaning a house. How was he able to achieve that high-level of success in the cleaning industry?
- What changed Ron’s mind about diving into the franchise world?
- Two Maids & A Mop’s biggest challenges they faced when growing as a company.
- The validation process is critical in finding the right franchisee.
- Early marketing campaigns that helped Two Maids & A Mop in business.
- Slow is the new fast when growing a franchise.
- Ron’s favorite application is Zoom. It has a way of connecting people intimately.
- The impact of Purple Cow by Seth Godin in their business.
- Why does Ron look up to Fred DeLuca?
About Ron Holt:
CEO and founder of Two Maids & A Mop; currently serving 83 markets across the country. They were recognized by Inc. Magazine as the 8th fastest growing franchise brand in America.
Specialties: Franchise development, management, sales & marketing, leadership
Awards & Recognition:
- Selected to the University of Georgia Alumni Association 40 Under 40 Class of 2013
- Named Regional Semifinalist for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2013
- Recognized by the Cleaning For A Reason Foundation as the 2012 National Maid Service of the Year
- Selected to the 2013, 2014 & 2015 Inc 5000
- Named 9th Fastest-Growing Private Company in the State of Alabama (2013)
- Named 18th Fastest-Growing Private Company in the State of Alabama (2014)
- Ranked 9th in the 2014 Bulldog 100 Fastest Growing Companies
- Selected to Inc. Magazine’s 2013 Hire Power Awards as the 4th Best Job Creator in the State of Alabama
- Selected to Birmingham Business Journal 2014 Fast Track 25
- Named by Inc. Magazine as the 8th Fastest-Growing Franchise Brand in America (2015)
- Selected as Finalist for Top CEO in Birmingham (2016)
- Ranked 6th in the 2017 Bulldog 100 Fastest Growing Companies
- Selected to the Franchise Business Review 2017 Top 50 Franchises to Own
- Named by Entrepreneur Magazine as the 11th Top New Franchise in America (2018)
- 2019 UGA Entrepreneurial Spirit Award Winner
Two Maids & A Mop has been operating for 17 years and 3 months. Ron’s company is located in Birmingham, Alabama.
You can find Ron Holt on…
Email [email protected]
Purple Cow https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Cow
Fred DeLuca https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_DeLuca
Connect with Jordan Choo!
Podcast Website https://kogneta.com/franchise-marketing-podcast/
Don't miss another episode
Get the inside scoop on how other franchise leaders are creating and managing explosive growth.